DebugView++ is a free viewer for Windows OutputDebugString() based logging in the style of Sysinternals DebugView.
- Tabbed views
- In memory compression for efficient memory use
- Process name column
- Double click or drag highlights selected text
- Single self-contained executable, setup is provided but not required
- Runs without prerequisites on WinXP SP3, Vista and 7/8.x
- Captures both Win32 and Global Win32 messages
- ECMAScript regex based message filters
- Filter based on process or message
- Line and Token highlighting (create your own syntax highlighting)
- Minimal impact on the traced application, compared to debugview a factor of 10 better.
- Fast and responsive user-interface, even with +50.000 incoming lines per second
- Incremental search token highlighting
- Statusbar shows detailed log/view/selection information
- Open saved logs for post-mortum analysis
Load a log file in DebugView++. The log file contents replace the current log data and live logging is stopped. Log filters can be used to inspect the log file.
Save the full log data to file.
Copy the selected log data to the clipboard.
Clear the active view contents. The log data remains in memory for the other views.
Toggle auto scrolling when new messages arrive.
Toggle log time stamps between run time or clock time.
Choose the font for all views.
Configure the log filters for the active view.
Toggle View Linking. When set, the focus in a new view is synchronised with the focus in the previous view.
Move to previous bookmark.
Move to next bookmark.
Remove all bookmarks.
DebugView++ runs on 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows XP and later. The installer installs DebugView++ in the Start menu. The zip file download contains just the executable that you can copy and run anywhere.
Win32 zip file download: DebugView++-win32-1.2.zip (631 kB)
Win32 installer download: DebugView++-win32-1.2.msi (741 kB)
Gert-Jan de Vos and Jan Wilmans